Additions and comments not included in the manual:
- The font ROMAN.GFT is included on the DATA DISK, and you can find the
font GOTHIC.GFT on the SYSTEM DISK. The third font was left out due to
space-limitations on the two disks.
- The Spray-can has two sizes; when you selected the function you first
see the largest spray-can. To toggle between the two sizes just press
- To copy one of your 4 workscreens to another screen, just place the inverted
square over the SRC-function and press BACKSPACE. The workscreen displayed
on your screen will be copied to the workscreen with the DST-number
displayed. To change the SRC(source) or DST(Destination) screen, just select
the function (see also manual).
- When you invert your F1/F2-box (with the DELETE-key) this information will
also be saved in the INF-file (if you save it, of course) and when you boot
the program next time, it will start with an inverted F1/F2-box.
- The GFARTROI.PRG (Run Only) needs a file called GFARTROI.SYS. Both are on
the data disk (disk B). When you copy GFARTROI.PRG to another disk, please
be sure you copied GFARTROI.SYS to that same disk, otherwise the program
will not run.
- GFA-ARTIST starts in 50Hz-mode. When you have a color monitor you can change
it to 60 Hz (to get less flickering on your screen) in the INF-screen by
clicking on the box with 60Hz in it. Then you just save your INF-file and
the next time(s) you boot the program it will automatically switch to
60 hz-mode (see also manual).
- The program supports multiple backgrounds; up to 4 if you defined 4 work-
screens. Please note;
* GFA-ARTIST : In the main program you can use a screen as a background
by using the Backgr/Define-function (see also manual). Not mentioned there
is that you select which screen to use as a background with the function
below it: SRC X (where X is a number from 1 to 4). You can change this
SRC-indicator by clicking on it. In fact it is the same as clicking on the
SRC-function in F2. (SRC is also the input screen for the Sprite/Extra/Get
* Film Merger : When the program asks for an ART-file to load ,it will
tell you which screen you have to select , f.e. "Load ART-File 2" to load
the ART-file for Background(/Work-)screen 2.
* Run Only Interpreter : The ROI is compatible with multiple backgrounds.
When you save a file in GFA-ARTIST in ROI-format all the screens used in
your film as background will be saved.
Some hints to use the film-merger:
You can start the film-merger in any resolution. After loading the
spr- file you have to type in the name of the Rom- file in the
appearing fileselector box. The program will save and merge all
the selected films and sprites (and eventually backgrounds) in one
The programm will ask for more film- files, load and check them
until you press CANCEL. Now You have to re- enter the disk with
the ROM- file on it.
If you used a background in one of your films, you now have to load
the screen with the ...Art- extension. The programm will ask you to
re- enter the disk with the ROM- file for the third time.