Submitted-by: firstname.lastname@example.org (P.C.M van der Arend)
Posting-number: Volume 18, Issue 12
Dear COLUMNS players,
The previous version COLUMNS was satisfying, but had some weaknesses/bugs.
The version published in the comp.binaries.atari.st newsgroup is updated with
the following features:
- The most important feature is the 3D-look in which the whole user-interface
- The background of the screen can now optionally be filled with an image
instead of the boring bars. The image should be in the 32000 byte or STAD
format and should be called columns.pic or stetris.pic. When no such file
is present, the boring bars will appear again.
- The game status/scores/settings can be saved. A switch is present to turn
on automatic saving of status when exit.
- There are also new switches for turning the info window on/off and setting
up your own play-screen by setting the help/next/blockmeasure-windows
open by default or not.
- There is also a button to send the contents of the info-window to a printer.
- The info-window scrolls now synchroneous with the machine-timer.
- Name dialog box has delete, backspace, arrow-left/right and arrow-up/down
(increase/decrease ascii-code of character under the cursor) available.
I'm sure you'll have a nice time playing this game. Reactions can be sent
to the E-mail address below or to the address in the info's.